Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, dnylrq and I were blogging about better brake lines for the RAV4. dnylrq got a hold of http://www.raceshopper.com . These people make custom Stainless Steel brake lines :wink: . Since I did install the Supra front stainless steel lines, these worked fine, until now. I notice a leak this weekend. They got to go. My life is on those brake lines. They work, but, I like a custom fit. So, since I have the OEM brake line in the garage I already contacted Raceshopper.com and was told to ship the OEM lines so they can make a custom set of lines. The rear once I already have. But they needed a male to male fitting which I got last week. So I guess I'm ready to go. Anyone interested should give them a call. I'll ship them, let’s say, oh about Wednesday afternoon.

But I got a hell of a summer, give class to teachers, AM. PM, I’m the students, starting on my second MA. [Can you believe it guys?] Then on the 27th to the 29th, I'll be at the Dorado Hyatt, attending a workshop from Microsoft. This is crazy man. Oh well, I don’t mind.
:roll:

PS, Hay, I'll try to take pictures, then post them.

·
Registered
432 Posts
So you are just getting the front lines, right? I see they have the goodridge lines for the RAV, but they actually need the OEM parts?

Interesting...

Where did you get the rear ones from anyway? I am thinking if they are going to make up some for you, I might want to jump on the wagon now, and have them make me a set at the same time, know what I mean?

Was the price the same as what they listed on the site at $92.00 ?
Or is this a total custom thing beyond the standard goodridge lines? Let me know ASAP so hopefully I can join ya. Later

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if you guys remember these shoots

This one is the front line, which is 29", too long for the RAV4.

:arrow:

In this picture, the top one is the rear brake line. As you can see, it is more or less the necessary length. 9"

Looking at the stock OEM that was in the garage, they are proximally 20 inches and a half. So the 29 inches from the Supra, are too long and were rubbing on the caliper creating a leak. They got to GO. I'll keep you in touch. But for sure, they leave here on Wednesday PM.

Before I ship the OEM lines, I'll post a picture of them Tuesday afternoon so we can have a good idea of the length. They also have a hanger in the middle for a custom fit. I guess raceshopper.com will take care of that.

8)

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rooster b said:
http://www.techna-fit.com/

i got my stainless lines for 50.00. price on website was 115.00, but when i called they told me 50.00, custom fit 4 lines.....
Rooster b, I went to there web site and I clicked on CONTACT. i was going to ask, $115.00 as the catalog says. Or is it $50.00 as you say. :shock: Which is the real price dude?

·
Registered
432 Posts
One of the things I have noticed from before is that the RAV 4.1.1 only needs 3 lines not 4 lines like the 4.1.2.
At least this is what I have noticed on the web when I searched for them before.

Rooster, dis you use all 4 lines on your RAV?

R

·
0 Posts
dnylrg
i also notice the web sites listed 3 lines, but i looked at my 96 and discovered they were wrong, so techna-fit researched and ended up making 4 lines. by the way, i tried to get goodrige lines, but they are not available for the rav even though the web sites list them. i had a set on order for 3 months and still couldn't get them.

·
Registered
432 Posts
So how long did it take you to get the lines from techna-fit? Also how was the fitment on them? Good clearance, no twisting or rubbing, things like that?

R

·
0 Posts
i hate to tel you this, thats where i first placed my order. he is getting his lines from techna-fit, so i canceled and ordered direct...........

R

·
0 Posts
thats what i've been trying to tell you. techna-fit e-mailed me with a price after i ordered from raceshopper. then i called techna-fit and he told me the order from raceshopper just came in so cancel it but don't tell why, just make up an excuse. so i did , end of story....................

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dnylrq said:
Sure :roll:

Just get us all excited and......

:p Nah just messin' :twisted:
cool, keep us informed
I have to do these things now. My wife is in LA. 8) On Saturday I'm checking my AMP. It was acting up lately but I guess it's something simple. I'll install them I guess around next week. Oh yeah, I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dnylrq said:
Sure :roll:

Just get us all excited and......

:p Nah just messin' :twisted:
cool, keep us informed
OK, guys, the box with my OEM rubber Brake lines is on its way to www.raceshopper.com . As soon as they come back. I'll give you guys a run down of what cames back. And, of course the quality and workmanship. Which to me, is very important.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today I got a call from Raceshoper.com. Price per line, $45.00, custom made. Shipping, $22.00. A Total of $112.00, for the front lines only. Well, it might look expensive, but my life is on the line here so no short cuts here. Nor Russell Performance, nor Earl Performance makes these parts any more of the RAV4.1. They will be here next week. Pictures are a must. Stay tuned. :wink: BTW, the pictures are no to make you guys jealous, but to see it you can fabricate them at a fraction of the cost. I'll give you all the measurements you need. Kind of like a Guinea Pig*.

*Guinea Pig- A person who is used as a subject for experimentation or research :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts