Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
tankd0g said:
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the front and rear seats combine to make beds like they do in the 4.1?
Hi!

Very interesting question. I've never tried it, so I don't know, but I too would be interested to know whether they can be leaned all the way back. At 6'4", I couldn't lay back in it without bumping my head, but it would be cool for my nieces. Gives me something to try once it gets above 32 degrees outside.

Wayne

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wayne said:
tankd0g said:
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the front and rear seats combine to make beds like they do in the 4.1?
Hi!

Very interesting question. I've never tried it, so I don't know, but I too would be interested to know whether they can be leaned all the way back. At 6'4", I couldn't lay back in it without bumping my head, but it would be cool for my nieces. Gives me something to try once it gets above 32 degrees outside.

Wayne
In mine you take the front head rests off and move the seats all the way forward, then recline them all the way so they fall in line with the front edge of the rear seats, then you fold the backs of the rear seats flat to become your pillow. In that configuration you could be 7 feet tall and it wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kelly Smith said:
4.1 = Yes
4.2 = Yes
4.3 = Partial... meaning the rear seats don't quite fold flat... they recline quite a ways... but then hit on the rear wheelwells.

The 4.3 seat configuration was discussed in the 4.3 section earlier... here :arrow: http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2180
Thanks Kelly, I'm really only considering a 4.2 anyway (all I can afford :))

·
Registered
214 Posts
tankd0g said:
In that configuration you could be 7 feet tall and it wouldn't matter.
Oh! For some reason, I was thinking about the back seats, not leaning the fronts back, hence my comment about bumping my head.

:roll: :oops:

·
Registered
771 Posts
We've used ours this way before. It makes more of a "Lazy boy" type arrangement than an actual bed but still comfy just the same. Now that I think of it I have a story concerning this. I'll put it in the funny RAV story section.

Later. M.

·
Registered
875 Posts
hell yes, the 4.2 can turn into a bed. it was the most amazing thing when i read about how there was a chance it would work. it's perfect for a drive in movie or for taking a nap while waiting in the car for people. it might be a good arrangement for camping too. no need to bring your tent!

to see a photo of the bedtime arrangement, check out my website at cardomain below. the first photo is what you're looking for. The photo was provided by someone on this site. I take zero credit.

S

·
0 Posts
While the 4.2 seats can fold, the rear seat doesn't fold totally flat and I didn't find it comfortable to sleep on for camping. I removed the rear seats and slid the front passenger seat forward and slept better on the floor with a sleeping pad and sleeping bag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts