Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering having my dealer in Toronto install body side mouldings on my V6 Sport which I am expecting to receive by next week.

on the toyota.ca accessory configurator, the body side mouldings look as small as on our 1996 Corolla.

I think the price installed in Canadian dollars is $125.

Do the mouldings provide much protection for the door?
Do these mouldings have to be painted?

Also is there any concern that these mouldings come loose over time & how are they installed?

thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where in Toronto did you purchase your RAV and did you get a good deal? I'm in Markham and am looking to pick one up for my wife.

Looking to get the Sport, just disappointed that we can't have the side air bags....

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
body side moldings

Yes, I think body side molding is a very good idea. I just wish they had that option here in the U.S. I wonder if I can order one from a dealer in Canada. Do you know if it is just a stick on type thing or will it require drilling?

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Re: body side moldings

im 99.9% sure its stick on.

KingKyu said:
Yes, I think body side molding is a very good idea. I just wish they had that option here in the U.S. I wonder if I can order one from a dealer in Canada. Do you know if it is just a stick on type thing or will it require drilling?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have ordered a V6 Ltd. It is supposed to arrive in 2-3 weeks at Wietzes Motors at Dufferin and Steels. Anyways I did a lot of research on accessories, including body side moldings. While they show on the Canadian web site, it is not a Toyota factory item, but rather a 3rd party intalled item at the dealer, which is included in the 3 year new vehicule warranty. I will have that done at the dealer. I would also highly recommend installing "door edge guard" I have seen many a nick on door edges because of carelesness.

I have also ordered a nose guard from the dealer. I will also dump the Bridgestone Duelers 687 that come on the vehicule in Canada. They are terrible tires with weak grip in the wet and very bad grip in the snow and ice( they have a terrible rating on the Tirerack survey and I cannot believe that they are classified as All season). I will replace these with the new Bidgestone Alenzas which have terrific ratings and excellent reviews on Tirerack. Remember tires are the most important part of a vehicule for me I will always install high quality tires on my vehicules. Remember the Ford Explorer rollovers!

·
Registered
179 Posts
backtolife said:
Do the mouldings provide much protection for the door?

Also is there any concern that these mouldings come loose over time
Even if they don't protect the door, they will add "SOMETHING" to the side of the car which is crying out for some bit of style. Never did such a thing myself but am hoping the self-stick glue won't come loose!!!

I was wondering if I should get black instead of color-matched-red, to add a little flair/contrast. and add black door edge guards too... well not until the weather warms up around here.

Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you look at canadian rav4 brochure (you can get .pdf from toyota.ca web site), there is a rav4 picture with side moulding on page 12.

I recently had a dent on my rear left door. It's just about half foot below the door handler. Check my album.

The side moulding could protect your car from some smaller car. But in my case, even my rav had the moulding, it probably would still get hit by some big car/truck on that location.

TSQ

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just called a Canadian dealership and they gave me the part number, T0005042061F7. It will cost us C$79 and it takes 2 days for them get it from the warehouse.

·
Registered
271 Posts
flyingn said:
is it already painted?? How much IS $79 Canadian?? How much to ship to teh US???
Yeap... Should be since I need to tell them my vehicle color. part number is T0005042061F7 and 1F7 is my vehicle color code. If I could not get, I'm thinking to fly to Vancouver in May.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Coworker may be going to visit his brother at Vancouver later next month. I may swing by during my trip to Las Vegas (conference/training) in early May. If I'm going, I'll have you guys order directly with a dealer in Vancouver. Pick them up and later FedEx to you. We're talking about 2 more months later if I really do go for the trip.

BTW, I just bought 3M Door Edge Guard film. I ordered 4 (10 yards) rolls. Anyone interested the remaining 2 rolls? Cost about $15 + USPS Priority Mail + Splitting S&H from the original order (I think about $12... ship from Ohio).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts