Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007, V6 Base, AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 AWD V6 RAV4 with 156,650 miles on it. It runs great and I love it. But I don't really trust mechanics due to a bad experience recently. And I am not a "do-it-yourself-er." Do I need to start looking for a new car? Or will this one serve me a while longer? What is a realistic mileage where a new car is really warranted? I can afford a new or newer car, but get attached to old ones :)

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,614 Posts
I have a 2007 AWD V6 RAV4 with 156,650 miles on it. It runs great and I love it. But I don't really trust mechanics due to a bad experience recently. And I am not a "do-it-yourself-er." Do I need to start looking for a new car? Or will this one serve me a while longer? What is a realistic mileage where a new car is really warranted? I can afford a new or newer car, but get attached to old ones :)
As long as it's running great and not breaking the bank with repair bills, I say keep on driving it. Just today me and my wife went on a little trip and I remarked to her how our 11-year old RAV4 still drives like new. It's only got 66K miles but I'm going to keep it as long as possible. It's like money in the bank.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
With proper maintenance and a lot of care your car can last a very long time. I think there is one member with 400,000 miles. You can save money by taking good care of your car. The key is knowing how to maintain your car. This include washing and waxing your car to prevent rust if you live in the rust belt. Also fix problems asap before it gets worse. As your car ages more parts get worn so know how get repairs done cheaper if there are alternative choices.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Agree with other posts - if the vehicle is running well and trouble-free it makes sense to keep it until it begins to have major problems. Otherwise one is swapping a RAV4 which has little trade in value for one which costs tens of thousands of dollars when either the current vehicle or a pricey one will accomplish the same purpose. Also, if you get rid of the V6 you probably will miss its performance.

·
Registered
2007, V6 Base, AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2011 v6 ltd 261,000 drive it 700 miles to work every week. paid for over and over. wouldnt trade it for nothing
Wow! That's 100,000 miles more than my vehicle! I think I'll keep researching what my next car will be so that I am not desperate and rushed when the time comes, but will try to keep this one as long as possible! I really love it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts