Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do rav4s have an amplified antenna? I got a kenwood aftermarket system and after the install FM reception sucks with static on most channels. on another forum it was suggested that the installer didn't hook up the amplifier as toyotas are known for amplified antennas. Has anyone heard of this ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
proudx said:
Do rav4s have an amplified antenna? I got a kenwood aftermarket system and after the install FM reception sucks with static on most channels. on another forum it was suggested that the installer didn't hook up the amplifier as toyotas are known for amplified antennas. Has anyone heard of this ?
Have no idea, but.... The FM reception on my daughter's new 05 RAV4 is freaking awesome. We found FM channels that we never knew existed in the PGH area. Far better reception than my 99 Maxima with the longish power antenna, or the Cavilier we traded in for the RAV.

JM2cents

·
Registered
471 Posts
nfafan said:
proudx said:
Have no idea, but.... The FM reception on my daughter's new 05 RAV4 is freaking awesome. We found FM channels that we never knew existed in the PGH area. Far better reception than my 99 Maxima with the longish power antenna, or the Cavilier we traded in for the RAV.

JM2cents
yea in my 2004 rav i get a lot better reception then in parent's 2002 villager and quest

1 - 4 of 4 Posts