Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very skeptic of this product. It looks too good to be true. Does this product actually claims itself to be? Anyone ever try it on their RAV4 or any other vehicle?

T

·
0 Posts
ya it saves you gas cuz the money you were going to buy gas with went into this crap seller's pocket...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Xpred said:
I'm very skeptic of this product. It looks too good to be true. Does this product actually claims itself to be? Anyone ever try it on their RAV4 or any other vehicle?
never tried it, never will.

O

·
0 Posts
My general rule of thumb is if it sounds too good to be true, then the chances are that it is too good to be true.

C

·
0 Posts
You can improve airflow to the engine by either decreasing the air filter flow restriction with something like K&N filter in place of a factory one, or by forcing the air down it's throat (like Tornado Fuel Saver). Some improvement is there for sure, but with Tornado the board computer gets skewed (different air-to-gas mixture) and the mileage results are mixed. You would never see constant mileage increase at a claimed rate (7-24% I believe they say :)), but spikes of a few percentage points here and there.

If the intake airflow is your goal - cold-air intake with a better air filter is a much preferred (and tested) solution. Don't forget the output (cat-back) if you're serious, but can go gradually as the budget allows.

Xpred said:

·
Registered
24 Posts
No, it doesn't work. Awhile back, 2000 maybe? Sports Compact Car did an indept review of the tornado using 3 different dynos and the verdict was: "You've been PUNKED", in other words, no. Power was the same and gas mileage was the same.

R

·
0 Posts
Our local TV station has a "try it before you buy it" segment every week. When these things first came out, they had a licensed mechanic try it for a week. He said, "Don't waste your money on this. They do not work."
I think he said the fuel efficiency actually went DOWN when he had it on a vehicle. :lol:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Just pull off the fan blade from an old hair dryer and stick it in :D

Will do the same damage :wink: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts