Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about 100°f in Texas right now, I keep my interior temperature on auto 70-76 depending on how I feel, but I eventually keep the fan speed on the lowest when the cabin gets cool enough.

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
Always on manual and set as low as it will go temperature wise. I adjust fan speed as I feel the need to. The auto and dual settings have zero use for me.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Both! :wink

·
Registered
423 Posts
Always on Automatic.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Auto always. Set to temp I want and forget about it.
This is the third car I owned that have auto-climate and all of them is set on auto year round.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
I keep it in Auto all the time. Usually set it between 75-78 depending on how hot it is outside. Contrary to what some people think, when the inside of the car is 120+ degrees, it cools off just as fast at 78 as when it is set to LO. Rarely do I set the fan speed--I just lower the temp when I'm hot and raise it when I'm cold.

·
Registered
218 Posts
When the windows are closed, it's on Auto - usually 24 C. If the weather permits, I much prefer driving with the windows/sunroof open though.

The only adjustment I make is to turn off the recirc to allow fresh air in after a while. With it being so hot lately, the recirc stays on for a long time and the interior air can get a bit stale.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I usually leave it on auto. Sometimes I adjust the fan speed but usually not.

I have never seen the recirculate light off so it must always stay in recirculate mode when in Auto?

Also, do you turn the system off before shutting the engine off or just turn the car off?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I usually leave it on auto. Sometimes I adjust the fan speed but usually not.

I have never seen the recirculate light off so it must always stay in recirculate mode when in Auto?

Also, do you turn the system off before shutting the engine off or just turn the car off?
Just turn car off only.

·
Registered
291 Posts
...........I have never seen the recirculate light off so it must always stay in recirculate mode when in Auto?

When you turn on the system in Auto recirculate is ON and will stay on until you cut it OFF. Helps to heat/cool interior faster.

I always cut system off before turning off the engine - but that's just how I do it.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
I always turn the A/C off a few minutes before I get to my destination whether in auto mode or not to eliminate any moisture in the system to prevent mold build up that makes for a stinky HVAC system, then there's no need to use chemicals to fix it, has worked for me for decades of driving A/C equipped vehicles. :wink

·
Registered
258 Posts
Always use it on Auto as my wife and I like difference temps. We just set the temp (72 degrees F) and let the computer do the rest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts