Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Rav4 XLE, 130,000 miles, kept almost exclusively in a very dry environment.

My car has developed numerous front and rear creaks and groans in the suspension and steering. I intend to do the same with this vehicle as I have with my other vehicles--crawl underneath it and investigate.

However, before I get started, has anyone else walked down this road and discovered the typical places in the suspension and steering where groans & creaks occur, and where parts replacement or lubrication is necessary?

Registered
Here you go...
馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mikey. I understand the general principle and have lubed boots, springs, and strut mounts on other vehicles. Just looking to see if there are any other users who have specific experience with creaks and groans on the 4th Gen Rav4.

Registered
I had some creaking, I replaced struts, mounts, coil springs andall swaybar endlinks - it has helped a lot. I still have a few rattles/squeaks here and there but not like before. There are lots of bushings on the suspension so it鈥檚 somewhat normal at your millage.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I had some creaking, I replaced struts, mounts, coil springs andall swaybar endlinks - it has helped a lot. I still have a few rattles/squeaks here and there but not like before. There are lots of bushings on the suspension so it鈥檚 somewhat normal at your millage.
Did ever get that new strut top plate squeak to go away?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to give ol' Scotty's AT-205 a try. Sprayed every rubber bushing and boot I could find underneath the car. Car seems quieter. Time will tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts