Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, when you buy a car, do you give it a name? I know it's anthropomorphizing a machine, but my husband's family did that with their cars to make it easier to tell the kids which car to get into when they were going somewhere. When I married him, I kind of picked up the habit. So every car we've ever owned had a name attached to it. My Rav4 is my screen name, Miku which means "Blue Sky" in Japanese names and it's a nod to it's Blue Flame color. The FJ Cruiser is called Kaiju, which means "Strange Beast". It's Japanese, green and strange looking, so it's apt.

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
Nah - I suppose that after all of these years we now view our vehicles as being appliances. Brand names are enough - we have a Toyota and a Honda for ordinary transport, easy to distinguish.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XLE 2WD (Blueprint) 2019 Rav4 XLE AWD
47 Posts
Like the title says, when you buy a car, do you give it a name? I know it's anthropomorphizing a machine, but my husband's family did that with their cars to make it easier to tell the kids which car to get into when they were going somewhere. When I married him, I kind of picked up the habit. So every car we've ever owned had a name attached to it. My Rav4 is my screen name, Miku which means "Blue Sky" in Japanese names and it's a nod to it's Blue Flame color. The FJ Cruiser is called Kaiju, which means "Strange Beast". It's Japanese, green and strange looking, so it's apt.
LOL I know I gotta jump on this I didn’t really have a name for my Rav4 (Blueprint color) since purchasing it in Sept. But earlier this year, I was dating this girl and she told me she has a name for her Jeep. And then told me why she named her Jeep. And then a minute later she asked me if I have a name for my Rav4. I said no but if I’d name my vehicle, I’d call it Cap like Captain America. Lololol! And then I started putting more black on it because I just admire Kobe Bryant (Black Mamba). So now its a blueprint vehicle with black here and there. I also added and emblem where it usually says AWD, but on my Rav4 it says KB824

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks really slick. It practically glows. I'd call it the "Blue Mamba". What the heck does KB824 mean anyway? On that Rav4 next to yours, I wonder what that little removable panel is for on the front fascia?

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XLE 2WD (Blueprint) 2019 Rav4 XLE AWD
47 Posts
Looks really slick. It practically glows. I'd call it the "Blue Mamba". What the heck does KB824 mean anyway? On that Rav4 next to yours, I wonder what that little removable panel is for on the front fascia?
KB824 is a tribute to Kobe Bryant and his numbers 8 and 24.

and about the little removable panels on the other Rav4 are for the front tow eyelets.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KB824 is a tribute to Kobe Bryant and his numbers 8 and 24.

and about the little removable panels on the other Rav4 are for the front tow eyelets.
Why that one Rav4 in your pic, and Stormtrooper (that's a good one) above from the looks of it? My Rav4 doesn't have those.

My sister lives in Thousands Oaks near where his helicopter crashed. She usually goes jogging on the very hill that Kobe lost his life on, but of course it was closed due to the accident the day she went. She said it was very foggy that day and you couldn't even see your hand in front of your face up on most of the area hills. RIP Kobe. 😞

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I call my toaster "Hot Thing", and my washing machine "Wet Thing". Haven't come up with a good name for the TV yet.
Brain Destroyer.

Nope...not since our Subie (Subaru) kicked the bucket back in the ‘80s.
I see you have the word SUCKS pasted over your Rav4's photo. How about Hoover?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our RAV is a small blue 2003. Hence we call it the smurf. the smurf likes us. it has stuck around for 284K.(still running great) To say the least we love it too. bought it brand new and it has payed for it self many times over. The toyo boys really knew what they were doing in 2003 when they gave birth to the smurf.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ravspucia, a play on raspucia from norbit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't know if I'll name the RAV, but I named my first motorcycle Tiffany. That was the first girl to break my heart. Seeing that it needed an engine rebuild after 18 months of riding, I'll call it even. :ROFLMAO:

And if things go right, I'll eventually tow Tiffany around to the track with the RAV. Maybe then she gets a name!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts