Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have no high beam headlights just low beam. The blue light indicator for high beam works. Don't see any bad fuses. I haven't checked the bulb yet but both went out at the same so I don't think its a bulb. If I had a schematic I could see where any relays may be located

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Here is thread that may help.

·
Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
A story from many years ago. I bought a 1978 Accord new. After owning it for a few years on a 200 mile trip I noticed both low beams had failed when it got dark and I'd turned them on earlier at dusk. Since I had the factory manual this electrical engineer was going to figure it all out via the schematics. Light switch, high-low beam switch, fuses, relays etc. Would have been a nice challenge until my wife burst my bubble by suggesting that both bulbs could've burned out at the same time so maybe check that first. She was right. Both were the original bulbs and had a lifetime within hours of each other.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
A story from many years ago. I bought a 1978 Accord new. After owning it for a few years on a 200 mile trip I noticed both low beams had failed when it got dark and I'd turned them on earlier at dusk. Since I had the factory manual this electrical engineer was going to figure it all out via the schematics. Light switch, high-low beam switch, fuses, relays etc. Would have been a nice challenge until my wife burst my bubble by suggesting that both bulbs could've burned out at the same time so maybe check that first. She was right. Both were the original bulbs and had a lifetime within hours of each other.
Seems like something had to have happened to cause both to go out. Maybe your wife knows...…?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
ravenuer
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing