Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, nice dealer! I can’t even get a loaner when I need to leave the car there the whole day lol.
My dealer is actually giving me a loaner Rav 4 until my XSE gets in. It has been delayed twice. They even told me I can take it on my vacation next week, in which I will accumulate around 2k miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I contact Toyota Corp. in January about the hard shifting coming to a full stop and the lurking jerk when not fully stopping and then pressing gas (hesitation). Toyota does not want to acknowledge there's a problem. My question is, with so many people complaining about the transmission on forums, Edmunds, ect. What have you done or Toyota said about doing anything? Any updates coming, fixes, is car acting better after putting more miles on it? Any updates would help because this transmission is unacceptable.
I just took my 2019 Rav 4 into the dealership for its 6 month service. Toyota has a software update that just came out and it seems to have eliminated the low speed lurch completely.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just took my 2019 Rav 4 into the dealership for its 6 month service. Toyota has a software update that just came out and it seems to have eliminated the low speed lurch completely.
Have you had it done? How do you know it fixes the issue?

Can you please provide a reference for a TSB or screenshot of your service record for everyone else?

Thank you very much

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Have you had it done? How do you know it fixes the issue?

Can you please provide a reference for a TSB or screenshot of your service record for everyone else?

Thank you very much
Here's the latest update.

·
Registered
155 Posts

Thx. So does this resolve the issue?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just had mine in for it's 10k service and nothing was said about a new update and I even complained about the lurching and the shaky mirror. I was told my vehicle is A-OK and everything is perfect with my ride(LOL)!!! FYI there is a class action in the works about the transmission issue if you google it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just had mine in for it's 10k service and nothing was said about a new update and I even complained about the lurching and the shaky mirror. I was told my vehicle is A-OK and everything is perfect with my ride(LOL)!!! FYI there is a class action in the works about the transmission issue if you google it.
Why didnt you ask for the specific tsb?

Why would there be a class action if the tsb fixes the issue?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why didnt you ask for the specific tsb?

Why would there be a class action if the tsb fixes the issue?
The same reason for any class action - to make money for the attorneys. I have had two expensive products that had class action settlements. One vehicle, one home air conditioner. Neither provided much of anything to the owners, but the lawyers made millions. In the case of the home A/C - the coil that was part of the class action failed not once but twice, and they simply refused to honor the class action settlement both times.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well I'm a lawyer and I can confidently say filing a class action lawsuit where there is a known, cheap easy fix is pretty hard to explain to a judge. Its borderline sanctionable to allege a product is defective when you know it isnt...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had no knowledge of the TSB(and either the dealer didn't either or they chose to ignore it.)or I would've asked about it when I took the vehicle in for service. I just learned of it on here on this blog yesterday and I plan to call the dealer Monday to confirm the TSB and see about the update.
As for why is their a class action in the works...I didn't initiate it so you're asking the wrong guy. Contact the lawyers on the web page.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just took my 2019 Rav4 into the dealership for its 6 month service. Toyota has a software update that just came out and it seems to have eliminated the low speed lurch completely.
I did have the software update service done - it took about two hours and was free! There is no more lurching at all. I mainly experienced the lurching in the "Normal" driving mode when you would give it gas at low speeds and it would shift hard into 1st gear and lurch, not so much in "Economy or Sport" modes.

Call your local Toyota dealer service department and ask them if they have the update yet. My service adviser said the fix had just been released by Toyota this week. My best guess is the update reprogrammed the vehicle no to allow the car to shift into first at low speed. My Rav4 shifts really well now - I'm pleased with the solution.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did have the software update service done - it took about two hours and was free! There is no more lurching at all. I mainly experienced the lurching in the "Normal" driving mode when you would give it gas at low speeds and it would shift hard into 1st gear and lurch, not so much in "Economy or Sport" modes.

Call your local Toyota dealer service department and ask them if they have the update yet. My service adviser said the fix had just been released by Toyota this week. My best guess is the update reprogrammed the vehicle no to allow the car to shift into first at low speed. My Rav4 shifts really well now - I'm pleased with the solution.
I just called the Toyota Dealer and they sent me the service bulletin (see attached).

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts

Here is the update (see attached).

Attachments

41 - 60 of 135 Posts
About this Discussion
134 Replies
38 Participants
Quickdtoo
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing