Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Google OBD2 Data Logger. There are a number of them out there, although they all have different functionality, so make sure the one you buy does exactly what you want it to.
This thread has already been hijacked, so I'll add my 2 cents.

Toyota can already invade your privacy without additional hardware. They do need your permission to send it to insurance companies. This way they'll be the first to know when you engage in innocuous but "risky behavior", like: how many hours you spent drinking at Buffalo Wild Wings; how many passengers you carry; frequency of visiting the drive-up window at your pharmacy; driving in sketchy neighborhoods; driving off-road; and other things that you think are harmless but insurance actuaries find compelling.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the TSB done a week ago. Everything works fine now. Mine had only a slight bit of the hesitation before the TSB was performed, now it has none. Anyone who has the issue should get the TSB done. I think we can consider this "THE FIX" and move on.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I had the TSB done a week ago. Everything works fine now. Mine had only a slight bit of the hesitation before the TSB was performed, now it has none. Anyone who has the issue should get the TSB done. I think we can consider this "THE FIX" and move on.
Great news glad it fixed for you

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I contact Toyota Corp. in January about the hard shifting coming to a full stop and the lurking jerk when not fully stopping and then pressing gas (hesitation). Toyota does not want to acknowledge there's a problem. My question is, with so many people complaining about the transmission on forums, Edmunds, ect. What have you done or Toyota said about doing anything? Any updates coming, fixes, is car acting better after putting more miles on it? Any updates would help because this transmission is unacceptable.
Toyota finally has a fix:

T-SB-0107-19 August 15, 2019
Hesitation On Acceleration From a Slow Roll or Rolling Stop

After 33k miles finally got my buckin’ bronco tamed! Only took 1.5 hours. Kudos to Toyota for the fix.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Got it yesterday, think it worked. I have not been able to induce coast and lurch and transmission feels better overall.....fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
Any details on what the tsb actually fixes? ECU? Any mechanical parts?
Read the TSB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After the fix it seems my RAV4 is slower pulling away from a rolling stop, but much smoother. I did notice on the slight downhill I always go on, the car loses some speed going down hill. Anyone else's vehicle behave like this? Mines an XLE Premium gas model

·
Registered
433 Posts
Toyota finally has a fix:

T-SB-0107-19 August 15, 2019
Hesitation On Acceleration From a Slow Roll or Rolling Stop

After 33k miles finally got my buckin’ bronco tamed! Only took 1.5 hours. Kudos to Toyota for the fix.
Nah, not kudos. I'm happy they've come up with a fix, but they owe a lot of people an apology for lying to us, saying "it's normal". I wasted a lot of time and mileage dealing with their crap. Still haven't heard from Toyota (who inspected my vehicle for this problem early on) or the dealership about the fix. That's customer service?

·
Registered
433 Posts
This thread has already been hijacked, so I'll add my 2 cents.

Toyota can already invade your privacy without additional hardware. They do need your permission to send it to insurance companies. This way they'll be the first to know when you engage in innocuous but "risky behavior", like: how many hours you spent drinking at Buffalo Wild Wings; how many passengers you carry; frequency of visiting the drive-up window at your pharmacy; driving in sketchy neighborhoods; driving off-road; and other things that you think are harmless but insurance actuaries find compelling.
I thought that you had the option of opting out of their wireless data collection. I need to go back and check my manual...

·
Registered
47 Posts
After the fix it seems my RAV4 is slower pulling away from a rolling stop, but much smoother. I did notice on the slight downhill I always go on, the car loses some speed going down hill. Anyone else's vehicle behave like this? Mines an XLE Premium gas model
I feel like mine is the exact same after the update. It is much smoother overall, but does seem slower to pick up speed from rolling stop. I think the update programs the transmission to stay in higher gear with a rolling stop, and lower gears going down hill (therefore more engine braking). I have a XLE fwd.

I would also like to add, though might be too soon to tell, it seems that my overall MPG has improved slighlty (both cty/hwy). fingers crossed and time will tell.

121 - 140 of 238 Posts