Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Google OBD2 Data Logger. There are a number of them out there, although they all have different functionality, so make sure the one you buy does exactly what you want it to.
This thread has already been hijacked, so I'll add my 2 cents.

Toyota can already invade your privacy without additional hardware. They do need your permission to send it to insurance companies. This way they'll be the first to know when you engage in innocuous but "risky behavior", like: how many hours you spent drinking at Buffalo Wild Wings; how many passengers you carry; frequency of visiting the drive-up window at your pharmacy; driving in sketchy neighborhoods; driving off-road; and other things that you think are harmless but insurance actuaries find compelling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the TSB done a week ago. Everything works fine now. Mine had only a slight bit of the hesitation before the TSB was performed, now it has none. Anyone who has the issue should get the TSB done. I think we can consider this "THE FIX" and move on.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had the TSB done a week ago. Everything works fine now. Mine had only a slight bit of the hesitation before the TSB was performed, now it has none. Anyone who has the issue should get the TSB done. I think we can consider this "THE FIX" and move on.
Great news glad it fixed for you

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I contact Toyota Corp. in January about the hard shifting coming to a full stop and the lurking jerk when not fully stopping and then pressing gas (hesitation). Toyota does not want to acknowledge there's a problem. My question is, with so many people complaining about the transmission on forums, Edmunds, ect. What have you done or Toyota said about doing anything? Any updates coming, fixes, is car acting better after putting more miles on it? Any updates would help because this transmission is unacceptable.
Toyota finally has a fix:

T-SB-0107-19 August 15, 2019
Hesitation On Acceleration From a Slow Roll or Rolling Stop

After 33k miles finally got my buckin’ bronco tamed! Only took 1.5 hours. Kudos to Toyota for the fix.

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Any details on what the tsb actually fixes? ECU? Any mechanical parts?
Read the TSB.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts
About this Discussion
134 Replies
38 Participants
Quickdtoo
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing