Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the 2005, it says that "leather trimmed seats arent available without the L package". We're looking at an 02 with leather interior that does not claim to be an "L". My wife wants the heated mirrors that the L includes which is why I'm asking. I can't really figure out how to tell if it's an L or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Have you seen this vehicle in person or only thru pics online? Some things that might give hints that it's an L would be the "L" badging on the rear door that'll say Rav4 L. It should have the hard type spare tire cover as well. I'm not sure if the base model had this, but you could also look for it having a factory roofrack and the rear spoiler as well.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Your "L" I believe is our "LTD" in Canada which I happen to have the 02 version.
The noticeable differences from the outside is the spoiler and I think the roof rack. My friend has mid version and it has a hard tire cover. I know because I was walking out of his store and accidentally tried to open his car. :roll: :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Could be aftermarket leather. Possible to get better quality leather for less money aftermarket than as an option on a new car. Previous owners may have gone that route.

Why not just ask the seller?

Toyota has added color-keyed bumpers and overfenders to the "L" package. There are also three new L package colors: Rainforest Pearl, Spectra Blue Mica and Pearl White
Standard equipment is sparse, with most of the good stuff like antilock brakes, aluminum wheels, air conditioning, remote keyless entry and a power sunroof optional. An option package bundles power windows, doors and locks with air conditioning, cruise control and a six-speaker sound system with both cassette and CD players. Upgrade to the "L" package and you get these goodies plus heated exterior mirrors, floor mats, dark tinted glass, foglights and special exterior trim. The "L" package is also your ticket to leather upholstery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts