Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if adding some soundproofing material into those storage compartments near the rear wheelwells, if it would help decrease road noise?

If so, what type of soundproofing material and where to get it? Home depot, Lowes, Autozone, etc?

Thanks, Adam

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dyno Mat....You can order it online or have a stereo shop install it for you

·
Registered
240 Posts
Which tires do you have? Bridgestone or Yokohama.

Also, what size wheels do you have?

Check to make sure your air pressure is where it should be. Most dealerships don't check the air pressure and the cars are coming over-filled.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, these "Yoko Ono" tires are decent as far as road noise.
Even so...I had a piece of a foam mattress pad lying around, so I
lined the rear storages area with it. Definitely made a difference.
Even an old blanket or a bunch of large towels thrown in there can't hurt.
Anything like that will deaden the sound somewhat.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. Is the Dynomat something that I'd have to cut and form to fit the odd shaped and rough wheelwell cargo areas? I was thinking that might be tough. I like the towel idea because I can just stuff it in. It was thinking something sort of resembling the pink house insulation, but specifically made for soundproofing that I could just stuff in like a towel. Probably no such thing made, huh?

As far as tires I have the Yoko's. I have not checked the pressure though. I'll do that as well.

Thanks again, Adam

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes you would cut it. Easily done. I used the Dynomat in my GTI 16V. It worked well, and was easy to do.

·
Registered
652 Posts
How about something like this in those wheel well areas?

Thermwell 12 In. X 15 Ft. X 1/8 In. Self-Adhesive Foil/Foam Duct Insulation. For both heating and air conditioner ducts. Conforms to corners. Stops vibration.

I put this on my heating ducts and it seems like it would deaden noise and vibrations and it's only $14.99 a roll.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts