Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw in the general forum people where asking for this on the 4.4. But both the brochure and flyer suggest the hybrid has homelink.

Do you have homeLink?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I saw in the general forum people where asking for this on the 4.4. But both the brochure and flyer suggest the hybrid has homelink.

Do you have homeLink?
The Limited comes with a auto-dimming HomeLink mirror with compass. The XLE does not and comes with a standard mirror.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed one in mine and it works great - except if you...

have the Convenience Package, the mirror stalk / stem is not long enough to exceed and clear the cover for the windshield mounted radar. So for time being I've removed that cover and using the new mirror. Auto dimming works like a charm and wiring is very easy from the sunroof power (if you have one)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Windshield mounted radar??? Are you talking about the lane departure warning camera? Adaptive cruise control radar is behind the big Toyota logo in the front of the vehicle. It's a boxy rectangular sensor with its front face behind the Toyota logo. Parking micro-sensors are the round thingies in the front and rear bumpers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, the Radar/Camera thingy on the windshield...

The problem is the standard autodimming mirrow w/homelink doesnt have a long enough stalk / stem on the back of it, enough to clear the plastic casing that goes around this radar/camera thingy on the windshield. I've had to order an extension block that is sold my MITO CORP that is supposed to extend it out further by about 3/4" so that it can clear the casing.

Hope this works. I'll keep you all posted....

·
Registered
182 Posts
have the Convenience Package, the mirror stalk / stem is not long enough to exceed and clear the cover for the windshield mounted radar. So for time being I've removed that cover and using the new mirror. Auto dimming works like a charm and wiring is very easy from the sunroof power (if you have one)
So, did you just buy the mirror that comes with the Limited? Can you explain the wiring to the sunroof? I'm looking at a hybrid XLE with the convenience package.

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Auto Dimming Mirror

Actually i bought it of a Dave Danielson (referred in these forums) based out of Ft. Myers, FL. I got the mirror and now bought an extension block from another guy off ebay. Not sure what kind of mirror that Toyota Limited comes, but the pricing was a lot. Also wiring is extremely simple - I got it off the forums too. I'm attaching a copy of the connections to be made in the sunroof power supply harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Actually i bought it of a Dave Danielson (referred in these forums) based out of Ft. Myers, FL. I got the mirror and now bought an extension block from another guy off ebay. Not sure what kind of mirror that Toyota Limited comes, but the pricing was a lot. Also wiring is extremely simple - I got it off the forums too. I'm attaching a copy of the connections to be made in the sunroof power supply harness.
How much trouble is it to get inside the headliner to the wiring? It looks like you had to take something apart to get there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts