Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope Toyota follows Hyundai's new hybrid system. This is awesome, and I could never understand why the major EV players weren't doing this sooner:

Analize thw complexity of other manufacturers of hybrids and ev . With 8 years and a trouble in the system you my have to buy a new car. Two many systems, overengerinrng.... imposible to fix

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Analize thw complexity of other manufacturers of hybrids and ev . With 8 years and a trouble in the system you my have to buy a new car. Two many systems, overengerinrng.... imposible to fix

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk

We have had the Prime XSE for less than 3 months. First time the car did not start was 4 weeks ago. EV battery charged. We went a day with out driving the car. Needed to jump it. Error messages as well. Went to dealer they said they updated the firmware.

Yesterday we went out and trunk would not open. Enough power to show the doors were open but not enough to start. Got cables on it and it started within seconds. Again it was after not driving it a full day.

We have an insurance monitor plugged in but I do not think that is the issue. Dealer did not think so either.

I need to get back to the dealer but dont want to take another day off to do it.

Seems like a slow drain that as long as I run it once a day it is fine. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
289 Posts
We have had the Prime XSE for less than 3 months. First time the car did not start was 4 weeks ago. EV battery charged. We went a day with out driving the car. Needed to jump it. Error messages as well. Went to dealer they said they updated the firmware.

Yesterday we went out and trunk would not open. Enough power to show the doors were open but not enough to start. Got cables on it and it started within seconds. Again it was after not driving it a full day.

We have an insurance monitor plugged in but I do not think that is the issue. Dealer did not think so either.

I need to get back to the dealer but dont want to take another day off to do it.

Seems like a slow drain that as long as I run it once a day it is fine. Any suggestions appreciated.
I'd do the obvious, remove the insurance monitor and leave it plugged in to the EVSE when not driving. We have had a PIP, 2 PP and now the R4P, meaning 9+ years of driving Toyota plug in's. Never had any 12v battery issues.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
168 Posts
there is a tsb recall for the bolts to be replace on the inverter due to a grounding issue causing this error. Somewhere on this form is the TSB number. There is also one for the DCM module draining the battery after the temp subscription/activation expires that needed a software update. Hope this helps if it keeps up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
there is a tsb recall for the bolts to be replace on the inverter due to a grounding issue causing this error. Somewhere on this form is the TSB number. There is also one for the DCM module draining the battery after the temp subscription/activation expires that needed a software update. Hope this helps if it keeps up.
Here is the DCM issue (@13 Min). Hope that helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here are the TSB's for potentially fixing Battery Drain. Make sure these are installed on you car. Especially if you VIN in lower than 12000.
Big help. When I went in last time they said they did the firmware update. I believe they did. I will point out the one about the grounding bolts when I go Friday. My vinomes in just below the vins
listed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Big help. When I went in last time they said they did the firmware update. I believe they did. I will point out the one about the grounding bolts when I go Friday. My vinomes in just below the vins
listed.

Thanks.
Hold your dealer accountable. It's amazing how much they don't know since the dealerships have seen so few of these cars. They can use TechStream to install or verify that these TSB's are installed. Good luck

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am assuming those are already taken care of with vihecles that are about to be built, right?
Is there a VIN lookup somewhere for TSBs to confirm?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am assuming those are already taken care of with vihecles that are about to be built, right?
Is there a VIN lookup somewhere for TSBs to confirm?
If your VIN ends in 12942 or a higher number, "Poor Connection" TSB should have been applied at the factory. The DCM update does not specify a VIN. I recommend you have the dealer check your vehicle for the proper software version with Techstream.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
168 Posts
Looks like the poor ground was before vin 12800. It is in the TSB above in this thread.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts