Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

In my continued quest to accessorize, I'm interested in getting the Homelink transmitter that goes into the dome light area (same place as the cheezy remote door, or the sunglass holder).

Before you suggest the rear view mirror, I already have a Donnelly mirror with maplights (to illuminate the glove box, among other things), a compass, and temperature. Donnelly doesn't make a Homelink mirror with the other bells and whistles, and I don't care for the Gentex mirror display encroaching in the reflective surface.

Toyota of Manhattan claims that it's an option that could have only been installed at the port, and despite me telling them that there is already a molex connector for the Homelink power in the roof area, they wouldn't budge on selling the Homelink seperately.

It was only supposed to be a $105 option, I think.

I'm pretty sure it's the same unit as a few other vehicles, including the Solara and probably the Camry, but I've also heard (not from this list, from an ebay seller) that I'd have to order the Homelink in parts, and that it would cost around $700, which is kindof outlandish.

Any ideas on a more friendly Toyota dealer I might be able to order one of these from?

Thanks,

Vaughan

R

·
0 Posts
Check out my album. I bought this on ebay for around $75 from an old Camry. The harness was tucked up in the headliner, but I had the L version. Not sure if the harness is there for other models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts