Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

ยท
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I received the Ultra Racing in-room bar. At first look, it looked fine. I went to the net to see how it was to be installed. It looked simple enough. The YouTube clip showed ONE SIDE :unsure:being installed, a piece of cake right...Not exactly. The other end is about an inch and a half short. Meaning, it Ultra Racing is a "quality" manufacturer, it should have come with longer bolts, much longer bolts as you can see, ha, good luck with that. That said, the company's quality control has a lot to be said about.

Nevertheless, necessity is the motivator of ingenuity. As you can see, with one side installed, it really has a lot to go. Looks like they sold one just to get the money because the distance is just too much. Ultra Racing is a bunch of ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ. Little things like this will take down any company. In my book, where ever I see them, thumbs ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

Automotive tire Grille Asphalt Road surface Automotive exterior

So, I will cut the pipe, and install the end left and right. Then wield a the inch or so, paint it and we are good to go.

BTW, I would like to thank calumm96 for his most generous offer regarding the Ultra Racing in-room bar. Thanks man. Whhooaa.

Sorry about the bad-mouthing of the company in question. But this is one of the reasons we come here, keep the trash out and the good in. ;) KEEP RAVIN

ยท
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, on the street, we can resolve the problem. Nevertheless, Ultra Racing has to maintain a reputation to stay in business. Every time we see their products, we just say: "Aha, yeah, tell me about it." and THAT, is not good for their business. Thank God I made my own side lower bar. Yes, they work well, and they are fitted perfectly. That was a long time ago. The blue one is a Cusco mid bar.

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Rim Automotive wheel system

BTW, in the paper that I'm writing, regarding the 3SFE turbo engine including ALL the parts, links, do's, and do not, will be told with photos and detail of what works, and what NOT works. Oh yes, add another one. "They started it" ;)

ยท
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
STOP THE PRESSES, STOP THE PRESSES.

I called professor Rivera and told him what was happening with the Ultra Racing bar. He told me that if I cut the bar, it would be a sin. ๐Ÿง๐Ÿค“ He told me that a bracket can be custom-made to fix the Ultra Racing blunder. How he is going to do this, beats me. But he is a math professor and his dad (RIP) was a career mechanic. Let's put this one on hold because I'm doing three projects at the same time. The speakers, the 550cc fuel injectors, and now, the Ultra Racing bar. ๐Ÿ˜ฒBut summer is coming up with graduations and what not.

ยท
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next time I go to โ›ช, I'll have to go into the confessional to do the following; "Bless me father for I have sinned, I cut the Ultra Racing Bar...."

Anyway, I did cut the Ultra Racing bar. The difference was 30mm (that is 1.25" for all you revels).

Calipers Clock Measuring instrument Ruler Office ruler

So I got a pipe and cut the 30mm.

Wood Natural material Blade Knife Tableware

I took it out and they did some points on the pipe for fitting.

Drinkware Fluid Cylinder Gas Metal

Then place them together while I hold it in place, while Randal (my Ex-student) slightly welds it.

Then I reinstalled it and then came the big weld process only leaving the bottom part without welding.

Automotive lighting Hood Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Cool, now I'll remove it, clean, sand the welding part with a polishing power grinder. Leave it smooth as babies but and paint it. Price, $15.00, and a couple of Heineken (large ones :cool:, BTW, its 89 degrees here)

Automotive tire Bumper Rim Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Cool.

Notes: You will not need the Toyota spacers when you install it. These spacers are used to align the seat belt to the hole. The bar will substitute the little spacer. You will have to remove the side plastic seat belt covers on one side to reinstall the bar.

How does it feel when driving? Truth is that you do feel a slight rigidness as you go down the road. I don't say that just to justify the investment, but it does feel solid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts