Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy fellow RAVers. So I've just got myself another 4.1 and am planning to combine to make one good vehicle from the 2. I'm trying to swap the drivers door handle as one is broken. Problem is I can't for the life of me work out how to disconnect the latch rod from the handle. Lock rod is easy common type of plastic clip but cant for the life of me get the latch rod to budge and don't want to break it. All the generic toyota videos for similar years show both rods with the same style clip as the lock rod. Any tips please?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I often have to work a small screw-driver or a pick, in-between the clip and the rod.
Slow and easy usually wins. After 20 years the clip has sort of grown in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent thanks for that. Also the lock is stuffed in the broken handle too. I see the key barrel appears to be easy to take out but does anyone know before i dismantle another door, are the locks reversable? I.e can the passenger side lock be flipped to work on the drivers side? Just would be nice at least have the same key for drivers door and ignition still rather than have to use the key for the replacement door handle. If not I'll just have to deal with it ? logic tells me if I swapped sides then the rod actuator would be on the wrong side of the lock, but it maybe as simple as putting the barrel in 'upside down', just don't want to pull the passenger door to bits to find it won't work haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts