Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what up I have power everything in my rav4 the problem I have is on the driver door the switch to lock all doors work only on 3 out of 4 doors the one that does not work is the driver side door any ideas how i can fix this??????????????? thanks Franco

·
Registered
685 Posts
This is more of a guess than a suggestion.......
I presume you mean the driver's side rear door is the problem...
Considering it's an '97 and the driver's door has been opened and closed a lot in that time.....I'd look for a broken wire in the harness between the drivers door and the A-pillar post due to continual flexing.......Happens to VWs a lot......wire may look ok, but only a strand or two left and can't carry the current for the solenoid......
Maybe the harness for the driver side rear door next....but not likely.
Next is get out your voltmeter and remove the drivers door card(panel) and trace the voltage from the switch.......................
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

problem solve it will cost me 321.00 dollars to get the part the motor burn out so toyota is charging 321.00 just to order the part
man This sucks I quess I WILL BEGGIN GOING TO THE JUNK YARKS TO FIND USED PART

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I replace the solenoid and no luck the lock still dont work tomorrow i will remove door and check all the wires is there a fuse some where that i need to check

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok problem fixed I had a alarm dealer remote rav4 alarm and put an after market alarm . the problem wa the toyota stock alarm was wire different than after markt alarm . any way to it in and they were able to plug in the coorect wire in the correct location does it make sense toyota alarms plug into the side of the rav4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts