Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pressing the door switch 'lock' position on either the passenger side or driver side panel is dead. No click; no solenoid noise, no nothing. Press either of the same switches in the 'unlock' position and all the doors unlock with no issue. The alarm fob behaves the same way (lock won't work, unlock does for all or one door). The key turn in either door also behaves the exact same way. What could this be?

Thanks,
Gordon

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
The power door lock actuator motor needs to be replaced. There is a thread here that shows how to replace it. Not so easy but can try. Just remember if you do it wrong you can make it worse and the door lock may loose all function since the lock arms are finicky in its position. There is a small motor inside you can replace (around $7 or so on Ebay - should be a short shaft one) if you want to save more money instead of replacing the entire lock actuator. This problem is common when the car gets older.

·
Registered
16 Posts
correct. i redid my alarm system after not having it for a while and now i need to actuators. driver door and trunk door. the guy at the store was asking me about some rod or wire option. does all 2nd gen Ravs use the same actuator?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
correct. i redid my alarm system after not having it for a while and now i need to actuators. driver door and trunk door. the guy at the store was asking me about some rod or wire option. does all 2nd gen Ravs use the same actuator?
I don't know but you can check at Rockauto or any Toyota part site to see if the other years have the same part number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts