Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door lock/unlock buttons in my recently purchased 2017 RAV4 LE FWD do not light up. Is this how RAV4 LE supposed to be?

Best,
RG

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yep.

The message I had entered was too short. I therefore lengthened my message to at least 10 characters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! It's been driving me crazy. It's so hard to find the lock/unlock button at night. arrghh.. :-(

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty annoying at times. Really only when I am letting someone out of the car at night though. You can set the locks to automatically lock/unlock when shifted into and out of park so it's not usually a problem. Although even then, I sometimes leave it in gear while letting my wife out at work and it doesn't unlock then so I fumble for the switch. Tempted to just put a reflective dot sticker or something in the middle of it just for location at least.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The door lock/unlock buttons in my recently purchased 2017 RAV4 LE FWD do not light up. Is this how RAV4 LE supposed to be?

Best,
RG
Someone with a 3rd Gen RAV did a mod several years back that lights the window switches and lock button up. You'll have to search for it though - I think it was back in '09 or '10.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, it is so annoying. Also the mirror controls are not lit up too. I am thinking to unscrew them and place some led under them but I don't know if it would work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had mine done by professional service. But I can provide DIY method for LED light stripe mod.
It takes about 30 minutes for this mode

1-
Get a LED light stripe (30cm is enough)
2-
Locate stock window switch socket
3-
LED positive connect to Blue wire
LED negative connect to White/Black wire
4-
Stick the light stripe around the switch module

Attachments

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Can someone with a Ltd model RAV tell me if the switches light up, or are they the same as the XLE and LE models?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I had mine done by professional service. But I can provide DIY method for LED light stripe mod.
It takes about 30 minutes for this mode

1-
Get a LED light stripe (30cm is enough)
2-
Locate stock window switch socket
3-
LED positive connect to Blue wire
LED negative connect to White/Black wire
4-
Stick the light stripe around the switch module
Wouldn't that leave the led light strip on all the time though, even when the car is totally off, considering that the lock switch is always active?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
No. It's only light up when ACC is on (same as the "AUTO" light for driver windows switch)
Ah ok. I assumed you were tapping into a hot terminal of the door lock switch, not the light for the window switch. Thanks. Might do this mod as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts