Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
top of the mourning to you all,hope you are all well,just a question about the doors locking about 30 seconds after i get into the rav4 2016, then i have to use the remote key to open them if anyone wants to get in,is there anyway to turn off this feature?thanks folks

·
Registered
2017 RAV4 - XLE FWD - Magnetic Grey
53 Posts
You can configure the key fob configuration in the settings. You can change whether the key only unlocks the driver door, OR set it to unlock all doors at first press.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can configure the key fob configuration in the settings. You can change whether the key only unlocks the driver door, OR set it to unlock all doors at first press.
thanks for reply,the key unlocks all doors with one press,the thing im on about is when i get into the car all the doors lock automatically lock after about 30 seconds,and if anyone wants to get in i have to unlock the doors,i noticed a little sticker on the window that reads doors cannot be open if double locking is set so how do i disable that double locking?or can i not?

·
Registered
2017 RAV4 - XLE FWD - Magnetic Grey
53 Posts
thanks for reply,the key unlocks all doors with one press,the thing im on about is when i get into the car all the doors lock automatically lock after about 30 seconds,and if anyone wants to get in i have to unlock the doors,i noticed a little sticker on the window that reads doors cannot be open if double locking is set so how do i disable that double locking?or can i not?
Hey! You can configure the auto-lock in the “Setup” app; you may need to swipe once through the options then select the “Vehicle” icon. Through there, you should see three options appear on screen: “Vehicle Customization” being the first- so press it and do as follows: >Door Lock Settings >(scroll down a page) > Auto Relock Timer> Off. That should do what you want it to. I’m not sure if the settings are different based on the trim level, but refer to your manual if you aren’t able to get it working. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
79 Posts
i noticed a little sticker on the window that reads doors cannot be open if double locking is set so how do i disable that double locking?or can i not?
Your original post is not related to double locking. Double locking is a theft deterrent feature. You can set it when you lock the car. When set, its impossible to unlock and open a door from inside. For example a thief can't break a window and then unlock a door and climb in. They'd have to climb in through the broken window.

·
Registered
79 Posts
when i get into the car all the doors lock automatically lock after about 30 seconds
The auto locking function can be set to lock when you shift out of park, or when your speed exceeds a few km/hr, or can be disabled. Is it possible the locking behavior you're seeing is related to shifting out of park or starting to drive rather than 30 seconds? To let a passenger in, you can put it in park, unlock using the unlock button on the door, or disable the auto locking function using the vehicle customization menus under the APPS button.

·
Registered
115 Posts
top of the mourning to you all,hope you are all well,just a question about the doors locking about 30 seconds after i get into the rav4 2016, then i have to use the remote key to open them if anyone wants to get in,is there anyway to turn off this feature?thanks folks
It is insanity. What crazy things they have automated for morons who should not be driving. Auto-door locks....must have been invented by child abductors.

It is even worse reading on this forum how people like these features.... I guess they are the same ones that lobby for more speed bumps and for lowering speed limit below 50kph/30mph. grrrrrr

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is insanity. What crazy things they have automated for morons who should not be driving. Auto-door locks....must have been invented by child abductors.

It is even worse reading on this forum how people like these features.... I guess they are the same ones that lobby for more speed bumps and for lowering speed limit below 50kph/30mph. grrrrrr
Honestly child door locks are the real feature built for child and just normal abductors IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts