Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good ideas for sill guards on a 2016 Limited? I would really like molded plastic or rubber ones which would cover the top and sides. All I can find is ones that are taped on.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
applique

From what I have read on applique guards is that they are thin and don't offer much protection. I agree with others that are glued on that they will cause rust. I am wondering about applying some kind of coating similar to sprayed on truck bed liners. If the coating is thick, then it would very durable and I would not need to worry about rust or scuffing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
From what I have read on applique guards is that they are thin and don't offer much protection. I agree with others that are glued on that they will cause rust. I am wondering about applying some kind of coating similar to sprayed on truck bed liners. If the coating is thick, then it would very durable and I would not need to worry about rust or scuffing.

You can mask off, and apply multiple coats of plastidip.

After cured, apply a few coats of rustoleum, or comparable bed liner. Peel off when you want to change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Got to make a plan on this as the Rav will be delivered next week. I think I would like to do what Mojo suggests, but it is my wife’s car and I don’t think she would like not using it for a couple of days while I apply all the coats. The applique guards and 3M solutions seem to be just thin layers and might just scratch and have to be reapplied. The metal glue ons seem the most durable, but might cause rust out problems on the sill.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Anyone have any good ideas for sill guards on a 2016 Limited? I would really like molded plastic or rubber ones which would cover the top and sides. All I can find is ones that are taped on.
This is what you want:
Mit for Toyota RAV4 2013 2016 LED Light Inner Door Sill Plate Replacement | eBay

for the inner door sill plate.

and this is what you want for the outter door sill plate:
4pcs LED Door Sill Stainless Steel Scuff Plate for Toyota RAV4 2013 2014 2015 | eBay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts