Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

101 - 101 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Look back at post #91 where I scanned in my work order where it says:

Adjusted body seams of front and rear of driver side of door per technical.

It was explained to me that it was faulty body seam tack welds in front of or behind the driver side B pillar. There was a lot of work involved in pulling everything out, etc for them to do that. This may or may not be your issue but that's what it turned out to be with mine. I had to make an official complaint to Toyota before the dealership really got on it. The bottom line is if you don't feel you're getting proper attention to your matter, make an official complaint - that will definitely force them to take it a bit more seriously.

I also found that there is noise that comes from the plastic molding piece in the rear door panel - I did not realize this until the the quality control manager of my dealership got in the back seat while I was driving and started pushing around on the door back there. If you haven't already done so, get someone to do his for you and push around stuff back there to see if the noise changes. I have learned that noises don't always come from where they appear to be as sounds travel in different ways through the frame and mouldings.

All of this and everything else about my whole experience as it relates to this is in this thread. Hope it helps.

101 - 101 of 101 Posts