Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Rav4. Recently, the driver's side door will not open from the inside. The handle is not broken or anything. It opens just fine if you roll down the window and stick your arm out to open it from the outside. I received a quote from my local Toyota dealer for a Door Lock Actuator Replacement for $385. Right now is a horrible time for me to pay for the door to be fixed as my fiance just lost his job and we just moved into our new home. I would hate to take out even more from our emergency fund. I have no problem rolling the window down and opening the door from the outside when I need to get out of the car but I'm worried that by not fixing this issue it could cause other issues to come up such as the window getting stuck etc. We are hoping to have it fixed within the next month or two. Think I would be ok with waiting to get it fixed or should I suck it up and fix it now? The dealer told me he didn't know what the best route would be.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
^^^^ What he said.

I ignored a sticky door latch on my daughter's 2002. One day it closed and would not open at all......the latch was frozen. We had to disassemble the door (Not easy while closed) and the dealer had to chisel the latch assembly apart to get the door open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts