Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 99% sure the doors locked on my 2008 Sport when I started driving like in my Focus. My 2009 Limited doesn't. Is there a way to turn it on?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
The auto locking doors were never a feature of the 4.3 RAV4 unless you got the Toyota VIP alarm system installed. All you need is an inexpensive module that plug into your OBD port:

Sticky: Auto door lock module update

·
Registered
6 Posts
Huh? I have a 2010 Limited with the VIP Package and my doors do not auto-lock. Is there something I'm missing? The sales staff wasn't very helpful with explaining the features of the VIP package. They told me it was just an upgraded alarm system that included a feature to activate the alarm when it detects broken glass.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Huh? I have a 2010 Limited with the VIP Package and my doors do not auto-lock. Is there something I'm missing? The sales staff wasn't very helpful with explaining the features of the VIP package. They told me it was just an upgraded alarm system that included a feature to activate the alarm when it detects broken glass.
The auto locking may not be a feature on every model. We have the installation and operations manuals for all the VIP systems here:

Sticky: RAV4 4.3 Accessory Manuals

1 - 4 of 4 Posts