Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2254385

Check it out, this guy has a double din stereo. Anyone know how I could order this from over seas???

Anyways, hello, this isn't my first toyota, but my first RAV4. It took me awhile to find you guys. Glad I did. I have the 06 4cyl sport. I hate the JBL. Its gotta go. SO far I plan to use....

jl E4300 amp
jl 250/1 amp
mb quart 6.5 components front
mb quart 6.5 two ways rear
mb quart 8" dvc sub

only problem, can't find a way to change the Head Unit in the dash. Probably the same problem you are running into.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
I'm sure someone will make a double-DIN frame for the new RAV sooner or later... Scosche (nothing on their website yet though) would be a high possibility for manufacturers, or you could check with Crutchfield, since they're recommending head units and other components now.

I suppose, if nothing else, you could resort to importing the part from Europe or Japan, but I'm not sure it would be worth the cost...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the quality of the sound system. Its worth it.

Nik Lambrecht
Research and Technical Department
Metra Electronics
460 Walker St.
Holly Hill, FL 32117

This is the company that makes crutchfields dash kits. His response is not yet.

I am getting impatient. considering the JL CLeanSweep and just using the stock head unit. Want to get my amps and speakers in soon. I kinda wanted to do a alpine iva-w200 though. oh well. I will try and contact scosche and see if they have an estimated date. Scosche's units usually don't look as good though.

Has anyone done a tear down and pic taking session? I not I will take pics as I rip mine apart. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. depending on what I do with the options available at the time.

Thanks for welcoming me in.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

Anybody have an update on dash kit availability?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, got one from japan. looks nice. see my other thread with the stereo install begins. I just need a better 1 din pocket to replace the cheapy.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
snowdreams1080 said:
yeah, got one from japan. looks nice. see my other thread with the stereo install begins. I just need a better 1 din pocket to replace the cheapy.
Unfortunately none of my local dealers can special order the kit from Japan. Guess I'll have to wait for the aftermarket kit to be available here in the US. :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Re: bump

bjd said:
Anybody have an update on dash kit availability?
Found a US source :D One of our new forum sponsors 8) Click on the "NewToyotaParts.com" advertisement at the top of any page.. ( http://newtoyotaparts.com ) then 2006-2008 RAV4 section... then"Audio/Video"... there it is :D

Plus :arrow:
For the first 30 days of our new sponsorship agreement (5/20/2006 - 6/20/2006), they are offering FREE SHIPPING (in the contingent 48 states) on ANY order placed by a RAV4World.com visitor! They will ship to Canada and other places but at regular rates. This means Aero kits,Grilles,OEM parts,whatever.

All you have to do is mention RAV4World on the order form in their comment section!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts