Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I bought a new stereo for the car and was excited to get it fitted, had read that all I would need was the ISO convertor but upon opening the console up none of the existing wires fit into the new unit

The stock cd radio has three cables and the aerial going into it but the new one only has one input - it came with a cable that allows two connections to slot in, but again none of the existing wired in connections fit

Is there something else I'm missing here?

The new unit I bought is - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T3URT0W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Would really appreciate some help on what else I need!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats awesome, thanks really appreciate that! I did notice that the surround from the stock radio is larger than the new one I bought so don't suppose you've any heads up on where I could find some method of blanking off the left and right sides? the one that came with the new radio doesn't fit when the fascia is back in place! Not a huge deal but rather hide the visible screws etc!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hah. Reminds me of last Xmas I bought a new double din sony deck. Also bought wrong wiring harness. No idea what I was doing so ended up twisting the wires all together which works but have 2 ugly empty spots on each side of the deck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts