Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

There exists a double-DIN plastic surround with four clips that snaps into place at the ground level of the lower stack in the Gen1 cars. I believe they were installed in cars bound for Australia at the time. I've not been able to turn one up, but a friend did, and had it mail to her from Oz. Has anybody else seen one of these? I could sure use it! Or any other way to install a double-Din radio in the dash that makes sense. I have the single DIN above available, and I have all the room below as well.

I uploaded images of the surround, but I'm not quite sure how to now post them here. Maybe they just will automatically...

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I just take a moment to thank you for not making me feel like a complete knob here? I saw that number, but couldn't make it mean anything. I was mis-reading at least one of the digits. Eyesight just not that good any longer. :sigh: I've been asking my friend to see if she could read the part number, but she hasn't gotten around to it in a few days. Google searches for what I assumed the part would be called came up empty.

And now... it appears that you've nailed it. Thanks for taking the time, posting the results, and for understanding that sometimes we all have a bad day when the easy stuff seems way too hard. :)

Cheers,
- Darell

·
Registered
89 Posts
Question......

Does this mean that you can purchase this part and install it into a stock USA 1997 Rav4, thus allowing for a double din radio install? If so, this is one of the best discoveries out there!

Thanks for sharing this info!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, that's what it means. It came from the factory on some region-specific cars. It snaps into place in the lower section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts