Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you read the comments of his review, it's amazing how many think it looks like The Pontiac Aztec which IMO is the ugliest car ever built! Actually I am leaning toward that comparison being accurate. I am now looking closer at Highlander and 4-Runner.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you read the comments of his review, it's amazing how many think it looks like The Pontiac Aztec which IMO is the ugliest car ever built! Actually I am leaning toward that comparison being accurate. I am now looking closer at Highlander and 4-Runner.
From a strict silhouette perspective, I guess I can see where that comes from, but I think the aesthetic similarities end there. I mean both front and rear end of the Aztek were hideous, and it was just too boxy...the 2019 RAV is better contoured and much better looking, IMO.

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like Doug's reviews but I disagree with his scores a lot. If a RAV4 isn't a 10 in the practical department, I'm not sure what car would be (he gave it an 8).

·
Registered
216 Posts
I like Doug's reviews but I disagree with his scores a lot. If a RAV4 isn't a 10 in the practical department, I'm not sure what car would be (he gave it an 8).
I haven't watched enough of his videos to really have a strong opinion, but it seems like at least he's fair and consistent within his own scoring system, given that most of the other similar vehicles he's reviewed come in with around the same type of scores.

He seemed overall positive and complimentary about the vehicle, so a "middle of the road" score like that seems to suggest it's a bit of a perfectionist scale where a perfect score is damn near impossible, and I'm fine with that, as long as it's consistent...there's always room for improvement.

Seems the scoring system has to account for a very wide spectrum as well, it's not just judging vehicles against their competition in the same segment. For example, personally, based on cars I've owned and/or would realistically be in the market for, I'd give both "cool factor" and "fun factor" much higher scores than a 1 for sure...but he does a lot of reviews of high-end performance cars, and in that context I can definitely see where the Rav doesn't even compete in that regard.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Daddy Doug/Hoovie's dad is back with a review on the R4P...he probably is sticking to enthusiast and hyper cars only, no more normal 'boring' crossovers since the views are lower

1 - 12 of 12 Posts