Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it to the finals and lost to a 350z but still brought home $100 and a trophy , car ran 15.0 all day long didn't engage 4wd and brake TQ it to 2000 rpm ... Fell alseep at the light and got a .323 R/t in the last round

https://youtu.be/yrat0dait1s

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
So... ZERO mods? No CAI or O2 spoof... something? Nothing? lol!!

That is amazing!

I know that with my old GTP there was a bunch of simple(ish) HP jacking mods like a U-Bend delete in the exhaust.. 3inch upgrade cat-back... the GTP was supercharged so there was a pully upgrade... CAI... and a bunch of other more exotic and perhaps more questionably beneficial mods.

Non of that for the Rav?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So... ZERO mods? No CAI or O2 spoof... something? Nothing? lol!!

That is amazing!

I know that with my old GTP there was a bunch of simple(ish) HP jacking mods like a U-Bend delete in the exhaust.. 3inch upgrade cat-back... the GTP was supercharged so there was a pully upgrade... CAI... and a bunch of other more exotic and perhaps more questionably beneficial mods.

Non of that for the Rav?
Took off the spare tire was my only mod bone stock every thing else 140k miles , can't wait to start modding

·
Registered
24 Posts
Took off the spare tire was my only mod bone stock every thing else 140k miles , can't wait to start modding
MAD PROPS!

I don't know if people realize that an 0.012 R/T is SICK AS F!

What mods do you have in mind? More weight shedding or actual HP ups?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MAD PROPS
I don't know if people realize that an 0.012 R/T is SICK AS F!

What mods do you have in mind? More weight shedding or actual HP ups?
Thanks they gave a extra $100 for best RT (someone got a .009)
I'm thinking exhaust / intake lighter wheels and take off the hitch.. Would like a 13.9
Outta her

·
Registered
24 Posts
what do you mean by this ---> "0.012 R/T"
???
please excuse my ignoramous

R/T = Reaction time.

The time between the light on the tree turning green to the racer to launch his vehicle.

Very hard to do. As you might have seen in his Youtube video, that was the difference between winning and losing his final race.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is awesome! I've thought about taking my rav down the track when I'm there with my other car but never have got around to it. Love that you did!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PIPnorcali

·
Registered
509 Posts
what do you mean by this ---> "0.012 R/T"
???
please excuse my ignoramous
That's the reaction time, which means from the time the light went green to the point that the tires rolled out of the staging beams (up to 1/1000 of a second). Perfect is .000. This time isn't included in overall ET (which starts at the point that the car leaves the beams, and where the RT ends).

Running time only runs, it doesn't really matter. But in a race, it could mean the difference between winning and losing. If two cars ran identical times, but one was .001 faster in reaction time he would win the race by that difference.

I've had three .000 lights. One in a 5.0 Mustang ex-state patrol car, one in my 71 Buick GS455, and one in my old 1993 Ford Ranger 4x4 truck. Although it's tough to do, it isn't something you normally shoot for. It means you're just 1/10,000 of a second from tripping a red light, which means you lose. I used to race the GS a lot, so I was pretty comfortable with launching it. I could usually expected reaction times in the .03 to .05 range (that's three hundredths to five hundredths of a second from perfect).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good runs. Been wondering what my wife's 08 V6 that I inherited from her would run. She got a new car with our baby about to be born so I got the Rav4 V6, thing seems pretty quick.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good runs. Been wondering what my wife's 08 V6 that I inherited from her would run. She got a new car with our baby about to be born so I got the Rav4 V6, thing seems pretty quick.
It's pretty consistent 15.0-15.1 stock I think unbolting the muffler and taking out the seats would be 14.5 Or so

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
There are a couple of members here that have done it ALL dragging their RAV4 rides.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3-general/80215-search-100mph-trap-speeds-6.html

The link goes to page 6. See post #106 for the best run yet achieved. Also pulling those back seats out isn't as easy as you think. If you read the entire thread from the beginning much can be learned. Look for all of the threads by Myxalplyx and Turbomatic to learn much more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts