Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone have the part numbers for the drain and filler plugs for the rear differential and transfer case on a 2011 RAV4 V6 AWD automatic transmission? Is the drain plug magnetic on these?
This info will save me from smashing my laptop against the wall.

·
Super Moderator
9,743 Posts
While I'd like to save harm to your laptop I do wonder why you'd need to know. They generally don't go bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I'd like to save harm to your laptop I do wonder why you'd need to know. They generally don't go bad.
Because the old ones are rusted pieces of shite that have been partially rounded off by whoever changed the fluid last time. The next time I change it I'd like to have new ones on hand to swap in.

·
Super Moderator
9,743 Posts
Because the old ones are rusted pieces of shite that have been partially rounded off by whoever changed the fluid last time. The next time I change it I'd like to have new ones on hand to swap in.
Okay that makes sense. The dealer should have the part numbers.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Here you go:

Rear Differential
Fill bolt- 903418023
Drain bolt- 9024118051

Transfer Case
Fill bolt- 9034118023
Drain bolt - 9034118051

You can also use a 18 x 1.5 bolt for the rear differntial fill bolt. These are easier to remove and it is also the same size for the transmision drain bolt. Dorman 65220 hex bolt will fit the rear differential fill bolt in place of the normal Toyota bolt.

To remove the transfer case fill bolt I use a allen key and cut it to 1/2 inch wide and then fit a metal tubing (12 in) to make it longer. This will allow you fit your tool in that very tight area where normal tools will not fit.

The rear differential is exposed more to road salt in some regions causing severe rust in the fill and drain bolts. Clean off the rust with a wire brush or what have you and tap the allen socket with a hammer. This prevent rounding the inside of the allen bolt. Using a 2 inch socket extension will help clear the exhaust pipe in the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here you go:

Rear Differential
Fill bolt- 903418023
Drain bolt- 9024118051

Transfer Case
Fill bolt- 9034118023
Drain bolt - 9034118051

You can also use a 18 x 1.5 bolt for the rear differntial fill bolt. These are easier to remove and it is also the same size for the transmision drain bolt. Dorman 65220 hex bolt will fit the rear differential fill bolt in place of the normal Toyota bolt.

To remove the transfer case fill bolt I use a allen key and cut it to 1/2 inch wide and then fit a metal tubing (12 in) to make it longer. This will allow you fit your tool in that very tight area where normal tools will not fit.

The rear differential is exposed more to road salt in some regions causing severe rust in the fill and drain bolts. Clean off the rust with a wire brush or what have you and tap the allen socket with a hammer. This prevent rounding the inside of the allen bolt. Using a 2 inch socket extension will help clear the exhaust pipe in the way.

View attachment 152665
Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts