Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody,

in mode EV how long its possible drive the RAV4?

I download the manual ( portuguese version pag nº238 ) I read its possible drive during 1Km. ONLY???

regards

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,093 Posts
EV mode is automatically engaged as conditions permit. The EV mode button has almost no function at all. Learn how to drive in a way that maximizes EV mode, and use the big energy gauge on the dash to guide you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EV mode is automatically engaged as conditions permit. The EV mode button has almost no function at all. Learn how to drive in a way that maximizes EV mode, and use the big energy gauge on the dash to guide you.
thank you for the answer , in fact I dont have the RAV yet , I´m studyng the car before decide wich one´s to buy.

at this time i´m looking for RAV Hybrid and for Mitsu Phev.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The EV mode button has almost no function? What do you mean? It allows you to go beyond the ECO zone up to the Power zone without the ICE to kick in. However, there is a speed limit for the manual EV mode: 50km/h. The manual EV mode is more powerful. You can even "climb up" a very short (steep) hill in the manual EV mode which is not possible in the automatic EV mode. By very short I mean 100-200 meters then the battery will be discharged and it will then automatically turn off the EV mode.
But you need to be carefull with the pedal not to go to the Power zone otherwise the ICE will start and the manual EV mode will be turned off.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
hello everybody,

in mode EV how long its possible drive the RAV4?

I download the manual ( portuguese version pag nº238 ) I read its possible drive during 1Km. ONLY???

regards
While that is technically true from a technical standpoint, keep in mind that you will also likely be braking for stop signs or coasting etc which regenerated the batteries.

Don’t think of a hybrid as “how far can I go on battery alone” because you will be sorely disappointed. Hybrids aren’t about that, meant for that or built for that. The hybrids battery charge has a very tight relationship with coasting, braking and the engine running. It is not “bad” to have a hybrid engine run. In my everyday driving without even trying (I’m a courteous but aggressive driver) I get 10 mpg better than the gas only rav I used to own.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I get anywhere from 5.5 l/100kms to 7 l/100kms in summer. Most often in the 6 range. More like 12 in winter but our winters are brutal. Down to -35C with lots of snow and on winter tires.

I had a 2014 gas rav before this and I was lucky to get under 12 l/100kms in summer even.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get anywhere from 5.5 l/100kms to 7 l/100kms in summer. Most often in the 6 range. More like 12 in winter but our winters are brutal. Down to -35C with lots of snow and on winter tires.

I had a 2014 gas rav before this and I was lucky to get under 12 l/100kms in summer even.
so in your opinion the hybrid its a good option? ( I´m leaving a diesel Mitsubishi 1880cm3 150hp )
I´m very afraid of the high consumption , here in Portugal our climate its very moderate. I saw that almost all RAV Hybrid owners make average of 7 to 9 l/100 and they dont seem very happy , maybe because they expect better milenage with Hybrid system.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
so in your opinion the hybrid its a good option? ( I´m leaving a diesel Mitsubishi 1880cm3 150hp )
I´m very afraid of the high consumption , here in Portugal our climate its very moderate. I saw that almost all RAV Hybrid owners make average of 7 to 9 l/100 and they dont seem very happy , maybe because they expect better milenage with Hybrid system.
I’m not sure where you saw that but my experience around the forums here most people are seeing the same numbers I am. The hybrid does better in city driving for mileage. My driving is mostly city. I could see 7-9 for all highway driving though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts