Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 2007 Toyota RAV4 Base, 2.4 4cylinderAWD. The carfax sheet that came with this car stated that all the request 3000 mi oil & filter changes from a bonafide Toyota dealerships up to the 130k mi on theclock have been done! Also corresponding"Maintenance inspection Completed" ? What the hell is that? Can I safely assume that all maintenance has contained in Maintence Guide has been done? Just to be on the safe side I going to change the engine coolant and transmission fluid soon The tranny is working fine. Please, Any other fluid changes?
Thank you very much.. Carl Dog

·
Super Moderator
11,102 Posts
Sorry, I've no idea what that means nor do I understand why someone would change oil every 3K miles.....that was fine in the 1960's. That engine is a known oil burner so that might have something to do with the oil change interval. Keep your eye on that oil dipstick like a hawk.

Reactions: Carl Dog

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Perhaps "Maintenance Inspection" refers to the inspections outlined in the Toyota maintenance booklet on the service interval pages included as standard with new cars. Booklet should in the packet of booklets including among others the Owner's Manual.

Some dealers also supposedly conduct a more thorough inspection when vehicles are serviced, but sometimes those reveal alleged conditions which are supposed to need to be taken care of and are often items which are simply intended to increase the dealer's monetary profit.

In line with RTexasF's warning about oil consumption, Toyota offered a free fix for the problem and it would be a good idea to check to make certain that remedy, basically an upper engine rebuild, was done.

Reactions: Carl Dog
1 - 3 of 3 Posts