Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2007 Rav4 with 130K miles on it... I want to refresh the necessary fluids in the drive train slowly.. After I change the tranny fluids, which drivetrain component I do next ... and the one after that one?

thank you Carl Dog

·
Registered
122 Posts
I dropped the pan in mine at 60k and there was lots of dark metallic goo in it. Very satisfying task but it didn't happen in one day. Went on 10k road trip with car overloaded with all my crap up and down half the mountains out west and fluid is still perfectly clear. I refilled with 2 Redline d4 and the rest Castrol euro/japanese car formula. It was a bit thick putting around town but once broken in it's obviously great. Guess maybe one D4 and call it a day would be fine, the stuff is good. Then I did the front/rear crankcases. They were crapped up too.Forgot to get the 3 new washers. I could see doing that again soon ala jumping on oil changes early to spiffy up a new used car. I ripped out the hood insulating piece. Heater is weaker in the winter but it never gets to halfway temp now no matter what. The plastic covering on the bottom of the cars sucks. I ripped it out and never looked back. Mileage seems ok and the love you can give your radiator and trans
is worth it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I just bought a used 2007 Rav4 with 130K miles on it... I want to refresh the necessary fluids in the drive train slowly.. After I change the tranny fluids, which drivetrain component I do next ... and the one after that one?

Hard to say since you didn't fill out your information--LiKE what kind of drive train do you have? AWD or 2WD? It also helps to know your general location for many maintenance items.

Fluids in a car like that, brakes, coolant, etc, replace them all. Enter your VIN on toyota.com/owners and check the service history done at dealerships, might be useful to you. Welcome to the forum--if you provide a better profile.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Also which engine? WAY short on information Carl.

Reactions: Carl Dog
1 - 4 of 4 Posts