Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Last week I noticed that when I brake/accelerate/take turns, I'll get a creak/tick sound, I think from my driver's seat back, although it could be the seat tract/rails. I've moved the seat around and shook it/jiggled it, and I still think it's the seat back, but can't be 100% sure. I'm bringing it to the dealer 10/21, but I was wondering if anyone here has had the same problem and if you have any tips I can pass along to the dealer. Mine's a 2017 Limited. I ran a search but didn't find anything on-point for this generation Rav.

Thanks!

Mike

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,718 Posts
Yeah, I had the same problem with my 2008 when it had less than 20K miles. I told them to check it when it was in for an oil change. Of course they said they didn't hear anything. So I asked for a tech to ride with me and he did. I took a few quick turns around the parking lot and the creaking noise was clear as day. He said they would take care of it and ended up replacing the driver's seat frame under warranty. It has never creaked since.

·
Super Moderator
11,105 Posts
Both mine & Junebug's 2008 models did the same thing. Both required the entire seat frame to be replaced as they were cracked. Mine has never felt quite right since, I assume his is okay.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
My 2016 limited seat creaked as well until I raised it up just a hair from bottomed out. I had the seat adjusted as low as it could go, as soon as I lifted it up, haven’t heard a peep since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts