Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a quick 42 sec youtube video showing what the window was doing here - Rav4 window motor issue?

Yesterday I noticed my window wouldn't auto roll up, it would stop about 3/4 up and then lower itself to about 1/2 open and stop. If I held the window switch it would roll up but seemed to be straining a bit. Auto roll down would work but at about the 3/4 open position you can hear and see a slight strain as if it was passing paste the possible issue.
Today I took the panel off and looked around. I applied some more grease to the track which didn't help at all. After working the window up and down about 20x over the course of an hour the window stopped responding to the switch. It then started again but this time it was now stuck in the full open position. Once I got it to work when turning the key off/on and trying the switch multiple times I finally got it to return to the closed position. I then unplugged the wiring to the motor so I wouldn't accidentally open it on the way to work. So right now I have no power to it and needing to figure out my next steps. Do I need to order the motor? If you have any tips please make suggestions. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,990 Posts
I believe the window is reversing because it thinks there is some obstruction so you'll have to check further.
It stops after continual cycling due to a circuit breaker becoming overheated.

Reactions: ravenuer
1 - 2 of 2 Posts