Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sun visor on my 2017 RAV4 LE hits the rearview mirror when I try to fully extend it.

Does anyone else have this problem???

I literally can't rotate the sun visor fully without knocking the rearview mirror out of alignment. I'm baffled that this made it to production. Can anyone offer any insight? Any fix or workaround? I really don't want to be messing with the sun visor and mirror while driving.

Thanks.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,890 Posts
The sun visor on my 2017 RAV4 LE hits the rearview mirror when I try to fully extend it.

Does anyone else have this problem???
Seriously? Take a look at page 519 in your owner's manual. The side extenders are only for use when the visor is unhooked and rotated to the side next to the door.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Move the mirror it's double jointed.
Ok, I know I'm not a "car guy" or a "gear head" but I'm certain I would have noticed if the mirror could just be . . .

[2 minutes later]

Oh, so this is what it's like to feel really, really dumb . . .

Thanks RTexasF

(In my defense, I've only had the car a few days and none of my previous cars, or any others I can remember driving, have had a double-jointed mirror mount. But still, not my finest hour . . .)

Seriously? Take a look at page 519 in your owner's manual. The side extenders are only for use when the visor is unhooked and rotated to the side next to the door.
My sun visors don't have extenders. It's an LE, like I said in my original post. I'm dumb, but not that dumb.

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
(In my defense, I've only had the car a few days and none of my previous cars, or any others I can remember driving, have had a double-jointed mirror mount. But still, not my finest hour . . .)
I did the same thing when I got my '08, no worries. I felt like:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts