Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had the car for a couple weeks now. I do a decent amount of driving and I'm finding that the seats don't have very good lower back support and since I'm tall the headrest is very uncomfortable. Anyone change those headrests out? What about some lumbar support?

·
Registered
248 Posts
So I have had the car for a couple weeks now. I do a decent amount of driving and I'm finding that the seats don't have very good lower back support and since I'm tall the headrest is very uncomfortable. Anyone change those headrests out? What about some lumbar support?
So which trim level do you have? If a Limited, are you saying that the adjustable lumbar is not adequate?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2016 RAV4 LTD and I find the seats to be narrow, short & too firm (almost like church pews). My 2000 Lexus spoiled me.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The headrests are part of the active system Toyota started using a few years back. They are supposed to push your head forward a bit, but as you have found its too much for tall people. At 6'1" I simply cannot stand to drive the car with that headrest in it, although its not as bad as the Prius I just had. All Toyota headrests will fit, you just have to find one that fits right for you. At $500 a pop for new ones, you'll want to be looking at used. But you can go to the dealer and swap some around to try them out. I'm currently using an old leather Prius headrest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1996 Rav4 and I am 6'4". Try turning your head rest around. I pulled mine off and put it back on backwards and with the seat reclined more than most would it is comfortable on my 89 mile commute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts