Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 RAV 4 XLE (No Warranty)
My driver's seat is squeaking where the padding is rubbing on the metal frame. I took it into the dealer and explained where it was coming and that from and they said they would look into it. They said it was normal operating noises and that I could pay several thousands of dollars to replace the seat . So I started looking into fixing it myself.

I found an old 4runner forum post that listed several TSB about this problem and how to fix it but didn't have my year. Is there a TSB for squeaky seats on the 2014/2015 seats? - Page 2 - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

I haven't found a good site to lookup TSBs. 2013 Toyota RAV4 TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) | ToyotaProblems.com has a few but most just say Description: SUMMARY TO BE PROVIDED ON A FUTURE DATE.

Does anyone know a site I can reference this problem so I can try to fix myself?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Would it still be applicable to my 2013 since the applicable years are 2004-2010? Is there a more up to date TSB regarding squeaking seats?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
This may not apply at all but worth a shot. My 2016 with power seats was squeaking all the time and driving me nuts. I eventually found that I had the seat bottomed out. As soon as I raised it even a tiny bit the squeaking went away. May apply to your manual seat as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give the dealer a shout and see what they can do because the slide rails are also squeaking. I'll also see about the bottoming out. I'm 6'5" so I need as much room as the seats will give.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My front seat squeaks in two places. Same year RAV as yours. The RAV has a POS interior. Good luck with the repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts