Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I recently became the owner of a new 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited!

Unfortunately, about a week after making the purchase, some dufus broke my driver's side mirror. I'd like to get it repaired or replaced, but the dealership tells me that the whole mirror assembly will need to be replaced at a cost of about $700. :surprise

The only thing that is actually damaged is the plastic shell around the side mirror -- the glass mirror itself is fine, and the turn indicator and blind spot indicator both still work. But this means that I can't go to any automatic car wash, or risk the spinning things from getting caught on the damaged (jagged) plastic shell and ripping it off, or perhaps even causing water damage to the electronics within the side mirror, because the plastic shell no longer forms a seal protecting it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go about repairing/replacing my driver's side mirror inexpensively?

Thank you!

np

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Try this link: OUTSIDE MIRRORS for 2016 Toyota RAV4

There is no listing for 2017 models on the site yet, but this should give you an idea of what the prices should be like. Worse case call that parts dept for their price for your 2017 model.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Post a photo of the damaged door mirror:
- I would make a small-quick mold & pour black Epoxy into the missing plastic area
- I use 24 hour Epoxy (on numerous projects), I purchase off my brother
- I will describe more details / once I see the pics
Don't waste $700...a cheap repair is viable.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
The side view mirrors with the Blind Spot Monitoring are insane. At my dealer cost is $649 for a Blind Spot Assembly, and $249 for a standard power/heated mirror. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts