Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a minute, I'd appreciate a quick reply. I've had 3 RAVs ---2001(196K), 2005(105K) ,2010(155K) --- that have all gone 100K+ my 2010 is now experiencing an infrequent but very noticeable shaking/vibration noise which sounds like it it under the back seat. It mysteriously goes away spontaneously when transitioning from on-the-gas-off-the-gas....wife won't drive it anymore till I figure it out. Happens so infrequently it is MADDENING....Going back to dealer re: service bulletin on rear differential front bearing but if they are unable to duplicate noise, refuse to proactively inspect/replace. Found aftermarket driveshaft at www.wholesaleimportparts.com in CA but can't see spending the $$$ till I know for sure. I actually worked for TRD with Kent Racing IMSA team back in 1982 (PR) and am pretty car-savvy....THANKS to anyone who can help with ideas BHN

·
Super Moderator
10,140 Posts
One easy test to run is sometime when the 4WD isn't needed unplug the signal to the rear electro-coupler. It's at one of the two modules in front of the glove box. The other one is the TPMS which will turn on the TP dash light if you guess wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is the infrequency of the issue, plus we are in the dead of winter, AND I am disabled. I will fight with Toyota to service rear diff bearing and go from there...getting a bunch of other maintenance done and I hope to have enough "leverage" to resolve once and for all.....Thx BHN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts