Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My Dad recently bought a new 2016 Rav4

He then bought a Toyota nudge bar and now he wants me to fit a LED light bar, have fitted many lights to other cars but...

I had a look under the bonnet today for the first time............plenty of room but the LED headlights have got me thinking and worried

Basically, has anyone fitted driving lights (not fog lights) to a 2016 Rav?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just putting it out there for the next guy

Have just fitted a 430w, 36,000 lum light bar to the old mans car

Turns out that the Latest model Rav 4 with led headlights is standard positive (12v) switching to both low and high beams

On the back of the head light unit there is a 6 pin plug which has two red wires, one is for high beam the other low beam, found the high beam with a simple test light and away I went. Passed the wiring through the fire wall through an existing grommet behind the glove box that had spare holes that on the other side of the car was used for the bonnet (hood) release

Fully fitted and tested 2 1/5 hrs, no record but dad is happy

·
Registered
62 Posts
..li would love to see some pictures of the light bar and set up...please. Can you post the install instructions too...To see if it will fit the North American model? You also get headlight covers...they are great. I got some from Australia for our '11 suby outback

Why is it that you guys down under get all the good accessories and we get crappy stuff?

Just out of curiosity..lwhat is the price on these items?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Scooby

Will post some pics but it wont be for a couple of days......

No headlight covers as it was an Osram 31 inch 462 w light bar, purchased on Ebay.com.au, Cost $130 AUD see previous post for installation instructions. Included wiring harness. picture below.

Installation of the nudge bar was a bit involved but instructions came with the bar, cost $530 AUD, same as photo below

Total cost $660 AUD, approx $440 USD

We get all the good stuff down here because ............no idea!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Scooby

Installation of the nudge bar was a bit involved but instructions came with the bar, cost $530 AUD, same as photo below

We get all the good stuff down here because ............no idea!!!!
Can you post a copy of those instructions...that will really help determine whether or not I go the route of getting a bar from Australia...with those I can compare the mounting points of your model and see if they are the same on our North American model.

Thanx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts