Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Spain. I bought a Toyota RAV4 hybrid. I have several questions:
1. What is the difference between the mode button SPORT mode and the mode "S" shift lever?
2. I have noticed that with the lever in S mode, lifting the foot off the accelerator, the vehicle greatly reduces the speed.
3. In my car, the control buttons of the door mirrors, not light In light yours? Thank you.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hello from Spain. I bought a Toyota RAV4 hybrid. I have several questions:
1. What is the difference between the mode button SPORT mode and the mode "S" shift lever?
2. I have noticed that with the lever in S mode, lifting the foot off the accelerator, the vehicle greatly reduces the speed.
3. In my car, the control buttons of the door mirrors, not light In light yours? Thank you.
Please see this thread already with alot of info:
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/109-4-4-electric-rav4-hybrid-ev/232353-eco-mode-vs-normal-mode.html

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I have switched over to ECO mode, full time now, and no longer notice much difference. My usual route is up hill (20% grade), most of the way there, which provides around 25mpg. It is hard to pulse and glide uphill, but would be interested if someone has mastered it (up hill) :). On the return trip I get close to 45mpg. I still love driving it, every time I get behind the wheel.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,089 Posts
It is hard to pulse and glide uphill, but would be interested if someone has mastered it (up hill) :).
Of course it depends on the grade, but yes it can be done. Even if you only manage to get 25% EV you'll increase your trip average by several MPG, maybe even 5mpg. Work on it. The toughest part is just remembering to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts