Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im with you.Previous vehicle was 2004 4Runner.Was looking at XLE , never Limited, way too price for me. Found XSE to be the sweet spot, Had pretty much everything i had to have as part of the included featureset. Digital Dash, power and heated seats, moon roof, power liftgate , suspension , digital rear view mirror ,adaptive headlights and some nice exterior features; all included in XSE no other packages. Oh yeah, AND its a hybrid !

The other possibilities are really impressive ( and expensive ) But ive lived without heated steering wheel, wireless charging, rain sensing wipers, heated REAR seats , birds eye camera , foot activated rear hatch for a long time. Are they really worth the 5-7 K or more? Super cool stuff but i just couldnt justify going to close to 40k . The amount of included technology and safety compared to what i was driving was staggering.

I am not knocking any model,trim level or anyones personal desire or opinion of what works for them. I was just very pleased to find the XSE and its looks, features and equipment to be very reasonably priced. Its a Toyota, theyre all great!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Reasons that I get the Limited instead of XSE:
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Heated passenger seats, the XSE Weather package doesn't seem to include these.
  • Adaptive front headlights. They are nice to have, I drive a lot at night.
  • The Bird View Camera. It has been more helpful to me than I thought it was, esp when I park in tight spaces.
  • Foot-activated power lift gate. I love it on my Limited.
  • This is my personal opinion but I think the glossy black trim and black wheels will not age well and I tend to keep my vehicles over a long period of times. They make the car look like a toy to me, but I can see how a lot of other people will like it. To each his own.
All of these have proven super valuable to me. I initially only made the jump for the heated rear seats and bird view

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im with you.Previous vehicle was 2004 4Runner.Was looking at XLE , never Limited, way too price for me. Found XSE to be the sweet spot, Had pretty much everything i had to have as part of the included featureset. Digital Dash, power and heated seats, moon roof, power liftgate , suspension , digital rear view mirror ,adaptive headlights and some nice exterior features; all included in XSE no other packages. Oh yeah, AND its a hybrid !

The other possibilities are really impressive ( and expensive ) But ive lived without heated steering wheel, wireless charging, rain sensing wipers, heated REAR seats , birds eye camera , foot activated rear hatch for a long time. Are they really worth the 5-7 K or more? Super cool stuff but i just couldnt justify going to close to 40k . The amount of included technology and safety compared to what i was driving was staggering.

I am not knocking any model,trim level or anyones personal desire or opinion of what works for them. I was just very pleased to find the XSE and its looks, features and equipment to be very reasonably priced. Its a Toyota, theyre all great!
Everyone has to make their own assessment on value vs. cost. When I configured an XSE comparably to the Limited, the price difference was much less than $5-7k, more like $2k (if memory serves). I would agree that I would have a really hard time justifying spending $5k more for those features.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts