Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a clue where I can find a drum brake adjuster kit for a 2003 Rav4? Mine got damaged beyond repair. The aftermarket guys seem to make them through 2002, but not after. Specifically I need the part that looks like the one on the far left, but for my car obviously.

·
Super Moderator
11,095 Posts
I recently bought a parking brake repair kit for my '06 from Autozone. I came with a myriad of parts I didn't need but not the self-adjuster plate.
And I see what you mean about 2002-2003. Their site shows a rear brake hardware kit for 2002 but nothing for 2003. However the part numbers are the same for a rear brake drum for either year so I'm betting the kit would fit either. I'd buy one for an '03 and take it back if it doesn't fit.

....Well, maybe not! The rear shoes do have different part numbers for 2002 & 2003 so the '02 kit likely wouldn't fit.

So after all that it's probably off to the dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recently bought a parking brake repair kit for my '06 from Autozone. I came with a myriad of parts I didn't need but not the self-adjuster plate.
And I see what you mean about 2002-2003. Their site shows a rear brake hardware kit for 2002 but nothing for 2003. However the part numbers are the same for a rear brake drum for either year so I'm betting the kit would fit either. I'd buy one for an '03 and take it back if it doesn't fit.

....Well, maybe not! The rear shoes do have different part numbers for 2002 & 2003 so the '02 kit likely wouldn't fit.

So after all that it's probably off to the dealer.
I was actually able to track this down. It's called a drum brake adjuster lever.

https://toyotaparts.toyotaofclermon...o-Adjust-Japan-Built/48296692/4764442010.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts