Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
Using jumper I got code 39 on a 2009 AWD. The famous lights are on ABS/Traction /Brakes.
Can’t find this code ….would someone know what it is?

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
SoNic67, The OP is reading the Skid Control ECU codes with the 4-13 jumper method not the OBDII codes you're talking about.
Code 39 is "Foreign object is attached on tip of rear speed sensor LH." Effectively that means the left rear ABS sensor is failing. By using the 8-tap method on the brake pedal with the jumper in place he may be able to clear the code and dash lights temporarily, but as I found out years ago after several "cleanings of foreign objects" it was time to replace the sensor.

Reactions: SoNic67 and KTL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SoNic67, The OP is reading the Skid Control ECU codes with the 4-13 jumper method not the OBDII codes you're talking about.
Code 39 is "Foreign object is attached on tip of rear speed sensor LH." Effectively that means the left rear ABS sensor is failing. By using the 8-tap method on the brake pedal with the jumper in place he may be able to clear the code and dash lights temporarily, but as I found out years ago after several "cleanings of foreign objects" it was time to replace the sensor.

Yup jumper 4 to 13…tried the brake pumping …still there. I’m thinking I could measure resistance from inside the rear connector. Can’t find the exact resistance value . Plenty of different posts mention different values.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Yup jumper 4 to 13…tried the brake pumping …still there. I’m thinking I could measure resistance from inside the rear connector. Can’t find the exact resistance value . Plenty of different posts mention different values.
This EE messed with my left rear sensor multiple times before replacing it because at the time the sensor was quite expensive, $150ish. By the time the right rear failed sensors were one tenth the price so I just replaced it immediately.

Reactions: SoNic67
1 - 8 of 8 Posts