Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know about the exhaust configuration of the V6 Sport?

Does anyone else know of any other performance mods that differentiate the Sport? I'm already aware of the mods to the suspension. Any others? What say ye!

I'm a Honda Element owner who wants to step up with the new Rav4 V6 Sport!

Peace
Neal

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Far as I know, the Sport model has the same exhaust system arrangement as the Base and Limited. Single muffler, single pipe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nat said:
Anybody know about the exhaust configuration of the V6 Sport?

Does anyone else know of any other performance mods that differentiate the Sport? I'm already aware of the mods to the suspension. Any others? What say ye!

I'm a Honda Element owner who wants to step up with the new RAV4 V6 Sport!

Peace
Neal

I'm a previous Honda Element owner that recently stepped up to the new RAV4. It's a very nice car--the nicest I've owned. While I would like to have the power of the V6, I decided to go with the 4-cyl for cost and gas reasons. So far, I'm not very impressed with the gas mileage that I'm getting, and I think that the V6 would be worse.

EPA on mine is 23 - 28. On my Honda it was 21 - 24. So far, the best I've gotten is 24ish in mixed driving. The Honda usually averaged around 23-24. The RAV is geared smoother, and it's a lighter vehicle, so shouldn't it be getting better MPG than what I'm getting? How long until it's broken in for good gas mileage? Does the warm weather make that much difference?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best I have gotten is 25 in mixed. I just put in 0W-20 oil, maybe that will help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts