Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am a Garmin supporter. My garmin watch, Bicycle computer... but, I have seen amazing things with Waze. Tons of construction in my work commute and Waze has continuously updated routes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it me or has the GPS on my 2019 RAV4 gotten dumber with time? Could swear last year when I bought the vehicle it wasn't too bad but now it is unbelievable. It keeps suggesting routes that take longer than they should, it even suggests routes that need backtracking to reach the destination!!!
Is it my imagination or is anybody out there having the same issue?
We have a 2015 Rav4 and a 2020 4Runner. I like the vehicles EXCEPT for the navigation systems. They are total crap. We use Garmin GPS's in both vehicles after trying again and again to use Toyota's systems.
Just love the garmins.
I have used the in car system in comparison to the Garmin and everytime the Toyota system just does stupid things with directions. AND you have to stop your vehicle to use the system....does not even allow the passenger to operate while in motion.
And the Garmins have lifetime map and traffic updates.
And the Garmins cost less to buy than one stupid dealer update on the in car system..

·
Registered
185 Posts
My recollection is that they do not expire at the end of 30 days but Google reminds you to refresh the map to bring it up to date with the latest changes. I last used this feature 3 years ago.

Frank 2015 Rav4 XLE AWD

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
21 - 24 of 24 Posts